Reports, Maps & Resources
Lakehead Source Protection Plan Annual Reports:
- Report Period January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022
- Report Period January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021
- Report Period January 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020
- Report Period January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019
- Report Period January 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018
- Report Period January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017
- Report Period January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016
- Report Period October 1, 2013 to December 31, 2015
- Water Budget and Water Quantity Stress Assessment (LARGE FILE SIZE)
- This report is an analysis of how much water is available within the boundaries of the Lakehead Source Protection Area. Water quantity is measured and characterized by the influences of the water cycle including precipitation, runoff and evaporation. The Water Budget provides an understanding of how water is connected as it moves through a watershed.
- Watershed Characterization Report (LARGE FILE SIZE)
- The Watershed Characterization Report is a documentation of the water resources within the boundaries of the Lakehead Source Protection Area. The Characterization Report provides a description of the natural environment and the human influences that may impact water quantity and quality of the watershed as it relates to Source Protection Planning.
- Thunder Bay Aquifer Characterization Groundwater Management and Protection Study
- The Thunder Bay Aquifer Characterization Groundwater Management and Protection Study is a study aimed at obtaining a better understanding of the groundwater resources, uses and vulnerability within the study area of Thunder Bay.
- Approved Assessment Report
- The Approved Assessment Report describes local watershed characteristics and the available water supply in the watershed of the Lakehead Source protection Area. It identifies the vulnerable areas for Municipal residential drinking water systems where the sources of drinking water may face risk of contamination or depletion. Finally it assesses the potential threats to the sources of Municipal residential drinking water within the defined vulnerable areas.
- Approved Source Protection Plan
- The Source Protection Plan is the strategic document for the Lakehead Source Protection Area that outlines policies and procedures to ensure that all significant and potential threats to the sources of Municipal residential drinking water systems are managed in a way that they will never become significant drinking water risks.
- Lakehead Source Protection Plan Explanatory Document
Fact Sheets - Lakehead Source Protection Area:
Fact sheets have been developed through the Source Protection program at the Lakehead Region Conservation Authority to explain the process for "Source Protection Planning" in the Lakehead Source Protection Area.
- Intake Protection Zone - Bare Point
- Wellhead Protection Area - Rosslyn Village
- Lakehead Source Protection Area
- Watershed Characteristics - Lakehead Source Protection Area
- What is Surface Water?
- What is Groundwater?
Source Water Protection Brochures:
The Lakehead Region Conservation Authority has produced a number of brochures and publications to explain the process for Source Protection Planning in the Lakehead Source Protection Area. Printed copies of the publications are available at the Conservation Authority office.
- A Guide for Drinking Water Source Protection
- Protecting Our Water Resources - A Guide for Source Protection of Drinking Water
- Introduction to Source Water Protection
- Clean Water Facts Brochure
- Children's Watershed Activities
- Your Septic System
Source Water Protection Presentations:
- Overview of Source Protection Planning - February 2009
- Preparing the Assessment Report - February 2009
- Water Budget within the Lakehead Source Protection Area - February 2009
Banners - Municipal Residential Drinking Water Source Protection: