MacKenzie Point Conservation Area is a small rock outcrop on Lake Superior in the Municipality of Shuniah. The area offers a splendid view of Lake Superior and the Sleeping Giant. It is a great choice for enjoying an evening sunset, sunbathing, yoga or photography.
Use caution. Natural trails may be uneven and slippery. Trails are not maintained during the winter. Prepare for how the weather may affect your visit. Advise others of how long you expect to be in this area. Be aware of possible encounters with wildlife and insects such as bears and ticks; plants such as poison ivy may also be present. Conservation Areas operate from dawn until dusk. Pets must be on-leash at all times. Alcohol is prohibited in Conservation Areas. Campfires and overnight camping is also prohibited. Trails are for recreational use only; no bicycles, motorized vehicles, etc. Harvesting of any kind is prohibited.Visitors must adhere to all Conservation Area Rules & Regulations.
Visitors to a Conservation Area acknowledge and understand the risks associated with visiting and recreating at the Area, including but not limited to: weather, trip hazards, wildlife, insects, actions of other people, the inherent risks associated with participating in various activities while on Lakehead Region Conservation Authority (LRCA) property and operators of motor vehicles around the parking area. Being aware of these hazards, visitors voluntarily elect to fully accept and assume all risks and responsibility for any injury, loss and/or damage to persons or property that incur as a result of visiting and recreating at the Area. The Lakehead Region Conservation Authority is not responsible, nor held liable, for any injury, loss and/or damage to persons or property incurred by visitors to a Conservation Area.
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Conservation Areas in the Lakehead Region are privately owned by the Lakehead Region Conservation Authority (LRCA). They are not City Parks or Crown Land.
- The LRCA pays property taxes on all land owned by the Authority, including Conservation Areas.
- The LRCA maintains the trails, parking areas, boat launches and other facilities located within our Conservation Areas without the support of Federal or Provincial funding.
- Your purchase of an Explore Card Parking Pass or payment of the per vehicle parking fee supports development, maintenance and improvements to the LRCA’s existing trail networks, as well as general Conservation Area maintenance and upkeep.
- A $5.00 per vehicle parking fee is required, or display your Explore Card Parking Pass.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLINE PARKING PAYMENT IS NOT VALID FOR CASCADES OR MISSION ISLAND MARSH CONSERVATION AREAS. Please display the receipt from the on-site pay and display units, or display an Explore Card Parking Pass.