News & Events
The following links point towards news releases issued by the Lakehead Region Conservation Authority related to Source Protection and the Clean Water Act:
- October 21, 2022 - Province Re-Appoints Chair of Lakehead Source Protection Committee
- October 2, 2019 - Province Names New Chair of Lakehead Source Protection Committee
- January 16, 2013 - Thunder Bay first in province to have their Source Protection Plan approved by the Minister of the Environment
- July 6, 2012 - Thunder Bay area first in province to complete drinking water source protection plan
- January 24, 2012 - Lakehead Source Protection Plan now available for comment
- March 11, 2010 - A Presentation on Walkerton, "The Cost of Getting it Wrong"
- February 16, 2010 - Source Protection Committee releases Draft Proposed Assessment Report
- March 17, 2009 - "World Water Day Event Planned"
- February 23, 2009 - "Open Houses" to engage public in Source Protection Planning
- August 21, 2008 - Committee Releases Proposed Terms of Reference
- July 10, 2008 - Committee Invites Public to Open Houses
- June 20, 2008- Committee Releases Draft Proposed Terms of Reference
- April 3, 2008 - Committee Hosts Open House
- November 27, 2007 - Committee Named
- October 29, 2007 - Seeking Members for Local Source Protection Committee
- September 5, 2007 - Chair of Local Source Protection Committee Named
- July 11, 2007 - Recruitment of Chair for Drinking Water Committee
- October 25, 2006 - Lakehead Conservation Applauds the passage of the Clean Water Act.
- April 18, 2006 - LRCA Encouraged by 2nd Reading of Bill 43, the Clean Water Act.
- February 1, 2006 - LRCA Encourages Comments on Proposed Clean Water Act.
- December 6, 2005 - LRCA Encouraged by Government's Support for Source Water Protection.