The Province of Ontario has declared a provincial emergency and has issued a Stay-at-Home Order effective January 14, 2021 in response to COVID-19.
The government-issued stay-at-home order requires everyone to remain at home with exceptions for permitted purposes or activities, such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, accessing health care services, for exercise or for work where the work cannot be done remotely.
The Lakehead Region Conservation Authority (LRCA) fully supports the public health and workplace safety measures for all businesses, organizations, facilities and individuals, including staying home to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
If you do continue to use our trails and Conservation Areas for the permitted purpose of exercise, you must:
- follow all current health guidelines (as may be amended),
- maintain the minimum recommended physical distance of at least two metres from others (unless from your household),
- wear a mask if adequate physical distancing is not possible,
- not gather in groups of more than five people,
- keep dogs on-leash and picked-up after,
- remove all of your garbage (including disposable masks) after visiting, and
- follow all posted Conservation Areas Rules and Regulations, including parking fees.
Conservation Area trails are not maintained during the winter; staff can be reached by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (807) 344-5857 to report any issues.
Please note that the LRCA Administrative Office is closed to the public; LRCA staff are working from home until further notice. All essential services including the LRCA’s Flood Forecasting and Warning and Development Regulation programs remain active. The LRCA appreciates your patience, understanding and cooperation.
Visit www.lakeheadca.com or follow us on Facebook @lakeheadregion for further updates.
2021 Office Closure
Due to COVID-19 and the related Provincial lock-down beginning December 26, 2020, the LRCA Administrative Office will be closed to the public until at least January 11, 2021. Staff will be working from home beginning January 4, 2021 and can be reached by calling (807) 344-5857. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
2020 Holiday Office Closure
The LRCA Administrative Office will be CLOSED beginning December 24, 2020 and will re-open on January 4, 2021.