Field Operations Lead Hand
Field Operations Lead Hand
Full-time permanent position
35-hour work week
$21.63 - $25.30 per hour
Health and Dental Benefit package including RRSP
The Lakehead Region Conservation Authority (LRCA) is a local environmental agency with over sixty years of experience in establishing and undertaking programs that further the conservation, restoration, development and management of renewable natural resources in the Thunder Bay Area. We are seeking a self-motivated individual to join our team as the Field Operations Lead Hand, who will assist in the maintenance and operation of all our Conservation Areas and land holdings.
The Field Operations Lead Hand, under the direction of the Lands Manager, will primarily be responsible assisting with the management and operation of all assets owned by the LRCA including: maintenance on the Neebing-McIntyre Floodway, Conservation Areas, Forest Management Properties and Administrative Office and servicing of field operations equipment and LRCA owned vehicles. After the successful completion of required training, the position will be designated as a Provincial Offences Officer to enforce R.R.O. 1990, Regulation 113 (Conservation Areas -Lakehead Region under the Conservation Authorities Act). In the absence of the Lands Manger the position will act in the position including the supervision of seasonal staff. Additionally, the incumbent may assist in flood forecasting, snow surveys, surface and groundwater monitoring, or any other duties as required.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Mechanically inclined and able to perform routine service on lawn maintenance equipment and vehicles
- Ability to operate a snow-plow, chain saw, lawn maintenance equipment and tow a trailer
- Ability to competently supervise seasonal staff
- Possess a full understanding and commitment to Health and Safety
- Ability to deal with the public in a professional manner, including confrontational situations
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Computer experience including the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence and access to a working vehicle
- Clean Criminal Record
- Post-secondary education in an environmental related program will be an asset
Deadline for applications: April 9, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a detailed resume and cover letter via email or in a sealed envelope, marked as "Private & Confidential". Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The information provided will only be used for the purposes of this position and will be managed in confidence within the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Submit your application to
Tammy Cook - Chief Administrative Officer
Lakehead Region Conservation Authority
P.O. Box 10427, 130 Conservation Road
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6T8