Little Trout Bay
Sparkling waters, a rugged landscape and a tree-clad coast line await you
Sparkling waters, a rugged landscape and tree-clad coasts are just some of the sights awaiting you at Little Trout Bay Conservation Area. The boat launch provides public access to Lake Superior south of the City of Thunder Bay. Little Trout Bay and the surrounding waters provide excellent fishing for salmon, pickerel, whitefish, rainbow trout and lake trout.
On-shore activities include picnic facilities and a hiking trail. A pavilion with picnic tables and displays was built in 2001-02.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Conservation Areas in the Lakehead Region are privately owned by the Lakehead Region Conservation Authority (LRCA). They are not City Parks or Crown Land.
- The LRCA pays property taxes on all of its Conservation Areas.
- The LRCA maintains the trails, parking areas, boat launches and other facilities located within our Conservation Areas without the support of Federal or Provincial funding.
- Your purchase of an Explore Card Parking Pass or payment of the $2.00 per vehicle parking fee supports development, maintenance and improvements to the LRCA’s existing trail networks, as well as general Conservation Area maintenance and upkeep.
- Funds raised through the purchase of Explore Cards and payment of the $2.00 per vehicle parking fee also support the LRCA’s Environmental Education and Stewardship programming.
- A minimum $2.00 per vehicle parking fee is recommended.