A picturesque, cascading waterfall nestled in a lush, evergreen forest thick with undergrowth
A cascading waterfall, lush evergreen forest and thick moss undergrowth are some of the picturesque features found at Cedar Falls Conservation Area. A pleasant walk along a well-marked trail leads visitors to Cedar Creek and the falls. Fish for rainbow or speckled trout, bird watch or enjoy the solitude of this quiet, charming area.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Conservation Areas in the Lakehead Region are privately owned by the Lakehead Region Conservation Authority (LRCA). They are not City Parks or Crown Land.
- The LRCA pays property taxes on all of its Conservation Areas.
- The LRCA maintains the trails, parking areas, boat launches and other facilities located within our Conservation Areas without the support of Federal or Provincial funding.
- Your purchase of an Explore Card Parking Pass or payment of the $2.00 per vehicle parking fee supports development, maintenance and improvements to the LRCA’s existing trail networks, as well as general Conservation Area maintenance and upkeep.
- Funds raised through the purchase of Explore Cards and payment of the $2.00 per vehicle parking fee also support the LRCA’s Environmental Education and Stewardship programming.
- A minimum $2.00 per vehicle parking fee is recommended.